Monday, March 28, 2011

Two in one dresses

Katie here!

With Spring approaching and everyone getting excited about wedding season, I have noticed recently the ads on tv for David’s Bridal’s $99 gown sale. I have in the past never really paid any attention to this annual sale, but this year as I am always looking for post ideas, I took notice and decided to do some research. I wanted to know what sorts of dresses are a part of this sale (answer: it’s really “save $50 to $300 off select dresses”), and if there was an abundance of dresses to choose from or only a few that actually only cost $99 (answer: many dresses are under $500 anyway, but not many were actually only $99 according to their online store.)


Anyway, I personally feel that their pricing is very reasonable to begin with, so any sort of a sale is an added bonus. But what caught my attention more than the sale, in little red letters on the left hand side of the website was an announcement pointing out a new style of dress in which part of the dress is removable to make it into two dresses. “Two in one gowns” they are called. Thus far they don’t have a large selection, and they are basically what you would imagine with a removable skirt portion to reveal a sleeker, more comfortable, smaller dress in which you would be able to move freely and dance the night away without worry about your large skirt getting in the way.


I think this is genius! It is the perfect blend of practicality and spontaneity. It’s like you have two dresses without the actual financial burden of buying two dresses! It is the perfect solution for brides who are interested in a very traditional, ballroom type gown to walk down the aisle in, but who also want to dance and have a good, comfortable time at their reception.

Am I out of the loop here? Perhaps this is not a very new idea and I am completely clueless. Either way, I think it is a cool idea, and find it funny that while I originally looked to the David’s Bridal website to see about their $99 gown sale, I was distracted by something just as interesting. Because really, what is more interesting than a wedding dress that costs less then $100?!

No comments:

Post a Comment