Monday, March 14, 2011

Photo Books

Katie again!

A very good friend of mine got married last September and went to Ireland for a ten day honeymoon. Moving right along, she is also expecting her first baby this summer!! (Can’t wait for this little one, you have no idea.) She lives back in Minnesota, so I don’t get to see her very often and when I was home a few weekends ago, we got together for coffee. I brought her a baby gift, and she pulled out of her bag the most gorgeous matching photo books of her wedding and honeymoon. I thought for sure they were done by her photographers…for half a second I actually considered how it was possible that her photographer was on her honeymoon??...

It turns out that SHE MADE THEM HERSELF!! I was so ridiculously impressed I had to find out more about this, and then of course share it with you all!! She made them on Shutterfly, and the best part is they have matching spines and are amazing quality, so she plans to keep making them as she moves forward in life, including BABY, anniversaries, vacations, etc.

Shutterfly.com seems to be very user friendly, and provides you with lots of options. You can choose the size, number of pages and type of binding you want, and you can choose whether you want Shutterfly to arrange each page, or arrange them yourself. Their pricing also seems very reasonable!

In the digital age, photo albums are becoming a thing of the past, but to me this is a revival of the “photo album”, the end product of which is more like a gorgeous coffee table book than an actual photo album. I’m loving all of the options, and am dying to put one together myself. I also think this would be a fantastic gift idea for any occasion!

I hope you all have as much fun day dreaming about this as I did. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment