Monday, December 20, 2010

Life Imitating Work

Hi All, Katie Again!



A few weekens ago I had the pleasure of traveling to Raleigh, North Carolina to attend one of my dear friend’s weddings. We have known each other for several years, but life has gotten in the way of us seeing each other very often, so her wedding doubled as an opportunity for us to spend a minute of time together!! I served as one of her attendants, and therefore got to spend a little one on one time with her on her big day! I was so happy to be there and to see her; she made a beautiful bride!


I seem to be attending a lot of weddings lately, and each time I attend one, my experiences on the job creep out a little bit. I seem to always have an eye out for the person running the show, and I make sure to be very polite and thank the caterers profusely. Being a guest brings with it all of the perks, such as getting to eat the wonderful food and enjoy a glass of wine, but there is always a part of me that is thinking about the staff working hard behind the scenes.

Each wedding I have seen, either that I have worked or that I have attended, is special and unique in its own way. But there is just something about watching two people you know personally stand in front of their friends and family and say those vows that will bind them together as husband and wife forever. As I watched my friend walk down the aisle and marry her best friend, a strong sense of just how much her life is about the change washed over me, and also how our relationship as friends would change. No longer will it be just Carrie, but Carrie and Paul. Though I watch people get married and say those vows all the time, hearing them come from someone you are close to certainly gives them a more personal meaning.

Congratulations to Carrie and Paul! I wish them love and happiness as they begin their lives together! Thank you for having me be a part of your special day!

As an aside, wouldn’t you know that we traveled from Wisconsin to North Carolina, only to get stuck in a snow storm?! What are the odds?? Carrie is a lover of snow, though, so it was only appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment