Thursday, December 23, 2010

Engagement Season is here!

First off, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Love and Blessings to you and yours! I feel so blessed to be able to spend this holiday season with my wonderful family and friends and hope the same for you as well.

It isn't hard for people to become extra emotional and humbled over the Holiday seasons....in fact if I think about Christmas and it's meaning and my family..I start tearing up (although, my family and friends would say that is normal...as I cry so much they just ignore the tears now).  Anyways, because of the extra hype of love and emotion in the air, many people tend to become engaged. It is even knows as the engagement season. There is a reason why the most popular wedding fairs are held in January....it's because a lot of people were just proposed to.

Thinking about the different ways my friends and family got engaged is quite fun. I have had friends get rose petals paths to the bedroom with a nice ring on the bed, to my sister...who actually, now that I think of it..not sure how exactly it happened...I think my brother-in-law just sorda asked her...hmm...should probably get that straight. Anyways I LOVE to hear how people get engaged (and funny how I remember how everyone else did than my own sister...). I love the surprise elements and the creativity that is done. I also LOVE modern technology and how people You Tubes their engagements! Check out this one:


Pretty sure that is one of the cutest proposals ever!


I stole this from a different blog as an unusual way to propose..

In December of 2007, Oliver Thompson wanted to surprise his girlfriend with an extraordinarily impressive plea for her hand in marriage. Instead of a traditional hot air balloon ride or average billboard proposal, Oliver took his girlfriend, Emma, to the Blackpool Zoo where the two had met many years before. While many boyfriends may choose to propose during a romantic sunset near a favorite exhibit, Oliver took matters into his own hands by making an unusual request.

Prior to the zoo visit, Mr. Thompson convinced the zookeepers to allow a six-ton elephant to aid in the marriage proposal. He had purchased a beautiful engagement ring, but chose to use a simple band in case the elephant decided to swallow the ring. The couple arrived at the zoo and spent a day inside the elephant exhibit – a treat that Emma was told was for her birthday. However, she was pleasantly surprised when the large elephant came towards her with an engagement ring, after which Oliver proposed
{source}


One thing I do suggest if anyone is planning a marriage proposal  out there...is to possibly search on You Tube for failed proposal ideas....no one wants this to happen:




Again, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! Also, if you just got engaged and are in the Milwaukee area...CALL ME to set-up a tour  :-) 414-273-5533!  (what...a little self promoting never hurt anyone! )

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment