Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Birdie's Cafe

So, maybe it is the effects of the Holiday's and all of the sugar that is around the office, but I can't stop thinking about sweets.
I am more personally, someone who likes "savory" over "sweet" but definitely will enjoy a piece of chocolate or cake. Okay, let's just be honest...I just love food, not matter what it is...I now take back my above statement of liking one type of food over the other.
One of my other loves is supporting local businesses in the Milwaukee area. There are so many hidden gems and I have found another one that definitely needs recognition. 


Birdie's Cafe
4110 W. Martin Dr., Milwaukee, WI 53208 
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:30am-5:00pm, Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm.




I was first introduced to Birdies last year when a wedding decided to go sans cake and instead let their guest feast on some amazing homemade pie.
Then my mom told me about this amazing cafe that she went to that I needed to check out. This amazing cafe happened to be the same place where the amazing pie came from: Birdies.


Delicious Heart Pie
So FINALLY  I was able to check it out. Like so many things....my mind goes straight to weddings. Not only for their amazing pastries and cakes but the space itself is absolutely adorable! I love the fact that when you walk into Birdies, you get an overwhelming feeling of being home...which you should as it is located in what once was a house. The decorations and atmosphere make it a great place to have lunch (which they serve all day, along with breakfast) or to study, or to have coffee with a friend.
  Anyways, back to the wedding mindset....many bride and grooms have their wedding here in Milwaukee because it is a neutral location. Their families may or may not be from here. Therefore, with the homey and calming atmosphere that Birdie's presents, I thought it would be such a good place for a rehearsal dinner or a bridal shower. They do their own catering and have event space for up to 75 people. 
Comfortable Living Room Style Cafe
 So, while you are in the Miller Brewery area, please check out Birdie's Cafe and I hope you fall in love with it just like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment