Monday, May 2, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Hi Again, Katie Here!

So the wedding everyone was talking about is officially behind us, and in my humble opinion I thought it was breathtaking and touching, filled with happiness and hope for the future.  While I didn't get up extra special early to watch it, I did DVR it and watch it the whole way through later that morning.  For me, it was like waking up on Christmas morning.  I couldn't wait to see what Catherine's dress looked like, how she and William would interact, what the church looked like, etc. 

The procession was timed to the minute, and appeared to go off without a hitch. Waiting for each arrival was magical, and the first time we got a glimpse of Kate Middleton in her dress, I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes. The second she stepped out of the car with her father by her side, I pretty much lost it. And when she walked down the aisle, it was all over for me. Haha! I thought she looked beautiful, of course, but I was more taken with her composure and how happy she looked. And when she finally made it to the alter and William whispered "you look beautiful" I was certain that THIS was in fact the beginning of something special.





I thought her dress was beautiful.  It was simple and elegant, and yet still fit for a queen.  And I must say, I also LOVED Pippa's bridemaid dress. Stunning!

When they said their vows and all throughout the ceremony, I was pleased to see they stole quick glances at eachother, and smiled and giggled the whole time.  It was so real, and they seemed so happy.  You can tell they really care about each other, and it's really nice to see.


When they walked out of the church and saw the people for the first time, you could hear the crowd roar with approval.  Everyone kept saying Kate would walked into the church a "commoner" and come out a princess, but when they walked back down the aisle, all I could think was they are just like all the rest of us, a newly married couple ready to start their lives together.  I love that she is real and approachable and confident, and I am happy to see that you could still read that on her face when she emerged from the church a future queen.


The carriage ride back to the Palace.  At one point they were holding hands and I thought that was amazing.  Check out that lace detailing on her dress too! So pretty.  And the bright red and blue of William's military attire was a stunning contrast the the white lace of her dress.


And finally the obligatory kiss on the balcony for all the world to see.  Did anyone else think this was incredibly awkward? Haha, but they were cheeky about it and even kissed twice for their public.  PS, how adorable is it that Prince Charles is holding up Camilla's granddaughter so she can see better??  I mean come on!  We all need a reminder that these really ARE just people who are a family and love eachother, and I felt after watching that that is really what the day was all about.  It was traditional without being stuffy, and filled with joy.  I'm so happy for them!  And I wish them privacy as newly weds, and all the happiness in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment