Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Great Idea

I am excited to take some time out of my day to blog about something very special to me: trail mix.
Yes, ladies and gents...if you thought I was going to blog about world peace, puppies, or rainbows and unicorns ...I am sorry to disappoint you.

Trail mix has been one of those staples growing up in many families. It is easy to make, you can make it in bulk, it can be reasonably healthy and is a great mid-morning, afternoon, anytime snack. One of the trends that seem to be sticking around in the wedding world is the idea of a "candy bar" or a table with vases and jars filled with many different sweet treats that the bride and groom enjoy. This morning, as I was having my morning trail mix, I thought how having a "trail mix" bar would be a great idea, especially for those brides and grooms who are more health conscious! So, I'm driving to work and am pretty proud of myself for this idea...then google a couple of things and find out...this has been done, and my original great idea is still a great idea, but I can't take any credit for it.

I like how this bride made her own trail mix, put it in some medium size cello bags, closed it with scotch tapes and slapped a pretty label and ribbon on it and made it her favor.

and then..here is a picture of my "original" idea ...I love how they did this:

So many mixes can be added to this! Craisons, M&M's, marshmallow, peanuts,popcorn, cashews, roasted nuts, rye chips...the possibilities are endless!

Just because this has been done before and I can't patten it or stamp my name on it I hope this helps with some favor and other wedding DIY ideas!

p.s. here is my trail mix from this morning...or what's left of it. I think it would be a safe bet to say I wouldn't add raisins, but lots of nuts and M&M's to mine !



1 comment:

  1. I love it! Now i just need to find someone who is getting married soon and bombard her with all these ideas....

    ReplyDelete