Monday, February 7, 2011

Non-traditional bridesmaid dress options and Offbeat Bride

Katie Here!

I had a great weekend with my friend talking about her wedding plans! She even asked me to be a bridesmaid, which is very exciting. Being the non-traditional bride that she is, she says we can wear pretty much whatever we want, and even discuss amongst ourselves what color we want to wear. She knows me too well, and said “I am maybe thinking black, and that way you could wear it again.” Love her! Black is one of my favorite colors to wear. So the search for the perfect bridesmaid dress begins. I’m thinking something like this:



Or this in black, because let’s be honest I WANT THIS DRESS!!

I have noticed that non-matching bridesmaid dresses are becoming more and more common. I imagine this is happening for a few reasons. One because everyone is built differently, and not everyone looks great in the same style dress! And two, because it is great to be able to buy something that you have a chance of wearing again. I’m not going to lie, the lilac bridesmaid dress I wore to my friend’s wedding almost three years ago hung in my closet never to be worn again until I decided I didn’t want to push it around anymore, and donated it. I felt bad about not being able to get any use out of it after the fact.

Also being the non-traditional and creative bride that she is, coupled with the fact that she learned I am becoming a die-hard blogger, my friend introduced me to The Offbeat Bride. It is a blog that focuses on all things non-traditional associated with weddings. It has all kinds of categories, from vendors suggestions, to offbeat honeymoon ideas, and oh so much more!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment