Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Guiding the Groomsmen

I love Google.
I think I like it so much that it is now a crutch for me! If I can’t think of something or need a phone number, definition, or am just curious about what Patrick Dempsey is doing right now, all I have to do is Google it!
My husband and I are in my good friend Raven’s wedding in May, and I had just received the “you need to get fitted for your tux” email from her. One of the smartest tricks in the book is to give your groomsmen or bridesmaid a “fake” time when they need to order their tux/dress by instead of the real deadline. For example, if the tuxes/dresses need to be fitted by April 25th, tell us that it needs to be done by April 15th. It just makes life easier (so, Raven, if you are reading this...you are busted! I'm on to you about the real time this needs to be done!)
Because of this I was Googling the tux location and found another great website that you may want to somehow get the men in your life to read. It is http://www.thegroomguide.com/. It has everything for future grooms; from how to plan the perfect engagement, to how to make a foolproof toast, to how to plan the perfect honeymoon. Another useful tidbit on this website is the Groom’s Checklist. This is something that I wish my dear husband would have read (if he would have maybe we would have had a D.J. instead of an iPod at our wedding---yes I still married him—and yes I am getting over being bitter about it…the iPod…not the husband).
So maybe just have the webpage up when your fiancé or main squeeze comes over…just dropping subtle, yet useful, hints. Or, for a more in-your-face approach, print it out with a big Do or Die Alone note! Hope this helps!
*Make sure that your groom reads #29 on the checklist…it’s a must

No comments:

Post a Comment