Friday, January 16, 2009

Twilight

I am one of those people actually likes to read. I don’t get to do it nearly as often as I would like to. For my birthday a friend of mine bought me the book Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Now I must admit that I can’t handle scary movie, anything gory, and I personally read a lot of Nicholas Sparks books or “chick flick books” and reading a book about vampires isn’t on the top of my list.
THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD. It is 498 pages and I couldn’t put it down until I read the whole thing…then I drove in the middle of a snow storm to go and get the second book. So what does Twilight have to do with weddings….absolutely nothing. I guess I just wish that I had that much enthusiasm when I was planning my wedding (wow, I hope my husband doesn’t read that!) My good friend Raven is getting married in May and as one of her bridesmaids I have been a good listener for all of her plans and have helped her a little. She has the enthusiasm for planning her wedding as I did reading the book Twilight. She will drive in a snow storm to go to Michaels to get paper for her invitations. She is doing almost EVERYTHING homemade. I admire her perseverance! Raven also is extremely organized. When she got engaged she right away bought a wedding planner and got her budget in order and throughout the process she has been strict with her budget. Her fiance and she also have website which I think is a GREAT idea. This is a great way for your out of town guests to be able to check in on what you're doing and your wedding plans. You can put pictures up of your engagement, info about each of your bridesmaids and groomsmen, and even the menu of the food that you will be serving. She did it on http://www.mywedding.com/main/wedding_websites.html . I would show you her website…but there is quite an embarrassing picture of me with an overly large pair of white sunglasses.
So from Twilight to websites…somehow I knew I would make this entry about a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment