Tuesday, January 20, 2009

BRIDESMAID'S GIFTS

One of the most frustrating things that got me when I was planning my wedding was what to get my bridesmaids and groomsmen…I take that back…the groomsmen were easy…just get them something that can hold alcohol, put their name on it, and most men will be happy. However, females take so much more time!
How much should you spend? Will the gift actually show how much I appreciate the fact that they are in my wedding and that they bought a $200 dress for it?
Jewelry is always good…but honestly how often do you wear the necklace that was given to you for a wedding, or the earrings? I personally haven’t worn them a lot.
Someone told me about this website http://www.etsy.com. It’s a website that sells homemade products to people and it’s so easy to navigate. Let’s say that I love owls. I could just type in the word 'owls' and it would show me all these different owl things that people are selling that they made (like owl earrings, bags, pictures etc…) Anyways, check it out and it may help you with some original and more meaningful gifts for your bridesmaids!
I just want to make a note how jewelry is a great gift as well, and I’m sure that if that is something you choose to give your bridesmaids, you have much more taste than the sparkling green and blue necklace and earrings that I received as a gift!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being the exception, Amanda -- i've worn the necklace I got for your wedding on several occasions! love, kim

    ReplyDelete