Monday, April 18, 2011

TheHoneymoon.com

I keep forgetting that I have been wanting to blog about this particular subject, and now that I am sitting here day dreaming about a vacation, it just popped back into my head. TheHoneymoon.com. In my humble opinion, one of the best ideas ever created for a wedding registry.

The age old question in wedding budget planning: what would you rather do - have a big, extravagant wedding or go on a fabulous honeymoon? Weddings are expensive, and let’s face it so is the honeymoon! But taking an exotic vacation or going on a getaway following your wedding is a great way to de-stress from all the wedding planning, get to go on an adventure, and spend a little quality time together as husband and wife. Traditional registries are great, don’t get me wrong. Even for those of us who live together before marriage, and already have the typical appliances (think blender), using a registry is a great way to upgrade these things or get a new set of matching towels or sheets (who actually has matching sheets anyway?.... or maybe that’s just me). But giving an experience is such a fantastic way to wish a new couple well in their new life together, and that is the reason I love TheHoneymoon.com so much.

A friend of mine introduced me to this website when she was planning her honeymoon to Ireland last fall. I immediately jumped on purchasing a day outing for them while they were there as their wedding gift. I thought it was a brilliant idea; you can buy anything from airline miles, to nights in hotels, to dinners, and activities. Whatever works for your budget. How unique to be able to contribute to a honeymoon instead of the traditional knife set or headlamp (everyone registers for headlamps right? Hmm…must just be the weddings I tend to go to…)!

Their website is very user friendly as well, and even gives you the option of selecting “ready-made” trips, which are helpful especially if you are traveling somewhere you’ve never been before. I’ve been recommending it to anyone who wants to splurge on a honeymoon trip, or isn’t sure of where to register. The only downfall is that you can’t be sure how many people will actually contribute, especially if you have other more traditional registries, so bare that in mind when you set an actual budget for your trip! And have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment