Thursday, August 22, 2013

Missing Wedding Band

I am going to get a little personal here...I am newly married. I have found the love of my life and look forward to being with him forever and all that mushy stuff.
Lets talk about our wedding. We had a beautiful backyard wedding with the grand total of about 20 people in attendance. Afterwords we went to a family friends lake house, took a ride on a pontoon boat, had a shrimp boil and then got in the car and went for a 6 day long road trip that lead us all the way to New Orleans. It was perfect.
After doing a lot of research and being thrifty, we had decided to purchase my husbands wedding band (tungsten carbide) online. It was the right move for us, and it turned out great. I also knew that this person,  who  again is the love of my life, is also sometimes just plain forgetful and absent minded. Therefore, I should of not of been too mad when he lost his ring AFTER THREE WEEKS OF BEING MARRIED. I may of overreacted, and I may of been a bit untactful on how I dealt with this lost because deep down (okay- not that deep down ...it was more of a fact) I knew that this was going to happen- which is why we got the ring online at a fraction of the cost of what it would cost at the jeweler . So after being very dramatic and maybe a tiny bit crazy- we finally re-ordered a new ring and he has promised, for the sake of not having to deal with me again on this issue, to not lose this ring.
This got me thinking about what IF we had a gotten the really expensive ring? What if it was my ring that went missing? There is an app for tracking your missing iPhone, why can't there be one for your ring...or is there already?  I decided to do some research and found out that the idea has been thought about before, but not for absent minded husbands who takes it off before bed or working out- but more for the husband who has a wandering eye and sometimes ends up with another person that is not their significant other. I also learned that if there was a GPS device in the ring, it would have to be battery powered and in my case, my husband can't even remember to change a light bulb, let alone a battery unless it is for the t.v. remote. So, fine..this isn't going to work now or until someone makes a solar powered, affordable, gps tracking ring. When they do, I will be the first one to get it for my husband (who I trust completely in all aspects except for remembering where he puts things).

While I was doing my research I found a lot more fun rings that people have created. One of my favorites was this one:
Glowing engagement ring
It is a special engagement ring that glows when her fiance' is near.It is so quirky that it's awesome. You can read the article on this ring here.

Anyone else know of some interesting non-traditional rings out there?


2 comments: