Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Make Your Own Style Board


One of the many fun parts of my job is to do wedding research...which basically means alot of searching on the Internet to find something that amuses me enough to write about.


When going on to websites I am always seeing style boards and wonder how they are made.

First, one may be wondering what a style board is. In the wedding world, a style board is basically a collage of your wedding colors, ideas, and things that you would like to see go on at your wedding. Many style boards have what is most important to the bride or groom. These are helpful when going to meet with vendors because it really give the vendor a "feel" for what your personality is.


For example: From the style board I created, one might say that I like the color yellow, food, dancing, being near the water, comfortable shoes, and that I can't make up my mind what I want to do with my hair (birdcage veil or flower).


Pictures are worth a thousand words, and when you are trying to explain the feel you want for your wedding, this could help a TON.


So...where do you design these style boards? I designed mine at http://www.dessy.com/ and found it quite easy to do. You can also google style boards and find a million other websites where you can make one as well. Or, depending on how motivated and how much time you have, go through a bunch of magazines, tear out pictures of what you like and paste them on some cardboard. The possibilities are endless.


I would personally LOVE to see any brides style boards! If you make one please send a picture of it my way. (abink@warmemorialcenter.org)


No comments:

Post a Comment