Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2010 Wedding Trends

Do you remember when as a child you used to look at pictures of your parents in bell bottom and laugh at them because they were so “lame” and unfashionable, and then you entered high school, or college and all of a sudden found yourself wearing bell bottoms because they were cool. I know I did (Sorry Mom and Dad!). Fashion and trends seem to go in circles. Yes, the 80’s where back for a little while this past year (scary) and it seems to be that the 70’s may never leave some people. This also applies in wedding trends.

I have been doing some research on 2010 wedding trends and have found some great NEW ones but also some that have made their way back in the timeless circle of fashion. From what I have compiled, here is my list of 2010 wedding trends:


Birdcage Veils

I love this! It reminds me of classic Hollywood and the 1940s flare. This vintage look will definitely draw some attention to the already beautiful bride.

Backyard Weddings at Home

Hmmm…was it the movie Steel Magnolias where it started out with a wedding in the back yard? Also, the movie Father of the Bride, hey, didn’t even Hugh Hefner get married in back yard? Despite the last one, it seems that this is a great recession resistant way to have a budget friendly reception, just don’t let your dad shoot the birds in the trees.



Short Wedding Dresses
I am looking forward to seeing more of this in 2010. I'm sure there will be some beautiful shorter wedding dresses to come!


BUTTERCREAM WEDDING CAKES

Excuse my excitement, but I give much respect to those wonderful bakers who spend so much time and detail on fondant decorated cakes, but buttercream is back and my mouth is already watering!


Greenery Décor and Bouquets
Going green is also a HUGE movement in the wedding industry and some are incorporating that and substituting their calla lilies and roses for a bouquet of greenery. Some also do this for centerpieces as well.



Grooms cakes
A tradition that has faded in the past but is coming back is the grooms cake. Usually this is a cake in the form of something that the groom enjoys, i.e. a football, a golf club, PS3, their favorite condiment etc…

Mismatched Brides maids Dresses

This may not be a total new concept or idea, but it is one that will seem to hold steady in the year 2010. I love this idea so that each brides maid can have a dress that is flattering to them.

Wedding Favors

I am personally not the biggest fan of wedding favors because I see a lot of them left behind, however, it seems like this has been something that has been omitted quite a bit in the past couple of years…but 2010 wants to bring it back. So bring on those colored M&M’s!








No comments:

Post a Comment