Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wedding Arches

I am searching for the history of the wedding arch and am having a difficult time coming up with anything…therefore I go to any of my faithful readers (yes, all 7 of you): Does anyone know the history of the arch?

From what I know, the arch is placed in the altar area of where the bride and groom are to be wed to frame the beloved couple. Afterwards, the arch can bless the home and garden of the newly married couple as a reminder of their special day.

HOWEVER, many couples today are renting the arch that we have here at the War Memorial or at their ceremony venue. This makes it much easier than to haul, set-up and take down an arch, but the couples are having the arch decorated to show their own unique style.

Here are some of my favorite wedding arch decorations of this season..



Here the arch is nicely framed by two plants


This couple brought in their own arch and it looks beautiful as well!


The nice thing about some arches, is that they don't even need to be decorated as it adds a subtle beauty to the ceremony



So far, this is my favorite arch decoration of the season!




I love the colors and the flowers tied to the end of the ribbons!





No comments:

Post a Comment